Forward Ladies’ Website Usage Terms and Conditions
2. We may review and update these Terms at any time. Any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website. We recommend you regularly check for changes when you visit our website.
Membership and Events Payment
3. By registering as a free or premium member of FL via our website, you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or over. You must ensure that the personal and contact details you enter on the FL website are accurate and complete and that you update us on any changes.
4. FL has a limited free membership offering for women who click on the “Free Membership” option on the FL website. By becoming a free member, your data is inputted onto our database. At registration, your consent is required to receive the FL newsletters and other updates. As a free member, you do not receive event ticket discounts and free attendance at the FL monthly business breakfast networks.
5. The annual cost of FL premium membership is as advertised on the FL website at the time the membership is created. FL corporate membership annual packages are negotiated with individual companies. By becoming a premium member, your data is inputted onto our database and at registration, your consent is required to receive the FL newsletters and other updates.
6. As a premium member, you will be asked to create a password. Your password must be kept confidential and only be used by you. In particular, any event ticket orders received by FL from your member profile using your member password will be your responsibility. If you believe that the security of your password has been compromised you must inform us as soon as reasonably possible.
7. FL reserves the right to increase annual membership fees but current members at the time of a membership fee change will not be subject to the new annual membership fee until the date of their next annual membership renewal and any increased fee will not be applied retrospectively.
8. Fees for individual FL events are as advertised by FL on our website or third-party sites - an “early bird” discount is often applied to events, to encourage individuals to book their places early. Any “early bird” discount will expire on the date stated on these sites.
9. FL premium or corporate members are able to purchase tickets for FL events at the discounted membership rates advertised on the FL website.
10. FL may, at its discretion, provide special offers on event ticket prices for non-members as well as for members and FL decision on the event ticket prices offered to members and non-members is final.
11. Auto-renewal of membership – FL premium membership is renewed annually. A maximum of 3 reminder emails may be sent before the renewal date. Payment for subsequent years’ membership will be automatically taken by FL upon the anniversary of the creation of the Membership. At the point of automatic membership renewal, the applicable annual membership payment will be taken from the credit card or bank account originally utilised when the membership was created.
12. Membership cancellation - The duration of FL premium membership subscription is 12 months and annual membership payments are not refundable in part or whole where a member decides to cancel her membership mid-way through the 12 month membership period. The date of original creation of the Membership will become the Automatic Membership Renewal Date for subsequent years unless a promotional offer was added unto the account. Members wishing to cancel their membership of FL can do so by sending a minimum of 28 days’ notice of membership cancellation, prior to the Automatic Membership Renewal Date, to FL either by email to: email@example.com or by recorded delivery post to: Forward Ladies Ltd, Carrwood Park, Selby Road, Leeds, LS15 4LG.
13. Event ticket cancellation: Tickets purchased for FL events can be cancelled and ticket costs refunded in full provided that at least 7 days’ written notice of cancellation is sent either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by recorded delivery post to: Forward Ladies Ltd, Carrwood Park, Selby Road, Leeds, LS15 4LG.
14. In circumstances where less than the required notice periods set out in paragraphs 12 and 13 above is provided to FL, no refund shall be given for the membership or event ticket payment made, unless exceptional circumstances apply (such cases to be determined by FL at its absolute discretion). Where reasonably possible, FL will offer to carry payment for events over to future events (e.g. if attendance is not possible at a January monthly Power Business Breakfast, FL will, where reasonably possible, offer to carry payment for the January event through to the February monthly Power Business Breakfast).
15. Price and availability of events and courses advertised on the FL website are subject to change. In the event that an event advertised by FL is cancelled by us you will receive a full refund. Please see paragraphs 13 and 14 above regarding our refunds policy for FL events that you book but are subsequently unable to attend.
16. In the event of an error relating to pricing, venue or date of an event on FL website, we will correct this as soon as reasonably possible and will inform all members who have booked to attend the event in question, giving them the option of reconfirming or cancelling their attendance. In the case of a cancellation in these circumstances, a full refund will be provided.
17. Nothing in these Terms excludes your statutory rights.
FL National Awards
18. Final determination of the categories and awards to be presented will be decided upon by the independent panel of judges based on the quantity and quality of the completed application forms received by the deadline.
19. Whilst every precaution is taken to ensure that the judging process is carried out in line with the entry criteria, FL cannot be held responsible for errors, emissions or mistruths made on behalf of the entrant.
Contents on website
20. The contents of FL website are protected by copyright and or trade mark and all intellectual property rights in respect of the site contents are fully reserved and our website content may not be copied or reproduced without our prior written consent.
21. FL is not liable for the accuracy or efficacy of the contents of any third party blogs, advertisements or other content displayed on the Forward Ladies website and any queries arising from such content should be directed to the third party. FL shall not be liable for any damages arising from the use or inability to use the FL website or any information contained on it or from any action or decision taken as a result of information on the FL website.
22. From time to time FL advertises links to third party sites via its website. We are not in control of the other websites and cannot accept any responsibility for the content of those websites. We recommend that you read their privacy policies before giving out any information.
23. Providing the links on our website does not mean that FL (I) endorses or approves the third party’s products or services; (II) is working in partnership with or as an agent for the third party.
Social Media Competition
24. The Promoter will be Forward Ladies Limited.
25. Purchase of any product or service is not necessary.
26. There will be no cash alternative.
27. Competitions on the promoter’s social media pages are not endorsed by those social media channels in any way.
28. Entry to the promoter’s social media channel competitions are open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees, their relations or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
29. One entry per person.
30. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend promotions due to events arising beyond our control.
31. The promoter is not responsible for third party acts or omissions.
Disclaimer of liabilities and general terms
32. To the fullest extent permitted by law, FL and its employees, affiliates and agents shall not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever including without limitation damages for loss of profits, business interruption arising from or in connection with the use of our website or otherwise in connection with the provision of goods and services under these Terms and Conditions. This does not exclude liability for death or personal injury.
33. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information on the forwardladies.com site is correct, we shall not be liable for any damages arising from the use or inability to use the forwardladies.com site or any information contained on it or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the forwardladies.com site or any such information.
34. FL may terminate members’ use of the website at any time without notice.
35. These Terms and any disputes arising from or in connection with them shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.