Location: office based with the option to work from home for the right candidate
Salary c16-20k basic pro rata (dependent on experience) plus generous uncapped commissions
Opening: 1st August 2017
Closes 30th August 2017
Hours Part Time or full time
Flexibility: Flexible working available, Home working available
Contract Type : Permanent
Do you have sales, advertising media background? Are you driven by targets and passionate about sales?
Forward Ladies has exciting plans to expand our established sales team and are looking for experienced new business superstars to join us. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a highly motivated, hard-working team with a very generous commission.
As a Business Development Manager at Forward Ladies you’ll manage your own time and projects. The role is autonomous, highly demanding and sales-focused, with work taking place within a small yet dynamic team, reporting to the owner and managing director.
With each project your goal is to ensure the delivery of high quality and profitable products – events, content marketing campaign and training programme.
- This is a commercial role and your first responsibility is to meet and/or exceed revenue targets
- You will be selling events, sponsorships and training courses to SMEs, and mid-sized organisations via phone-calls, emailing and meetings.
- You will prospect, identify and develop new sales opportunities from inception through to closure, constantly tracking leads through the process.
- You will establish long term relationships with clients to ensure that Forward Ladies is their chosen provider.
- Researching opportunities for developing new profitable business
- Liaising with key opinion leaders, influencers and organisations
Desired skills & experience
- Proven sales record - Strong new business sales and telesales experience is necessary
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to deadlines and on budget
- Must be able to work autonomously and take initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent research skills
- Team player with winning mentality
- Degree-level education preferable
- Sponsorship and online media and sales background (previous jobs board experience would be an advantage but not essential)
- Strong spoken and written communication skills - Much of the work will be over the phone and email so a good telephone manner and strong proposal writing skills are essential.
- Proposal writing experience
- Thrive under pressure and have a tenacious, organised, strategic, consultative approach
- Being a good team player is essential - while we all work remotely, we all work very closely as a team
What we offer
- A varied and exciting role
- Huge professional growth possibilities
- Great earning potential for over-performers
- Full training will be provided
- A dynamic and fun workplace
- Uncapped commission structure
- £16-£20,000 Basic salary depending on experience
Working flexible hours at home brings rewards and challenges – you’ll need to be disciplined to make enough customer contacts to achieve your sales targets. Previous homeworking experience would be extremely beneficial. A good IT set-up is an important part to making any home-based role work efficiently, so you’ll need a good home-office, with broadband.
If you'd like to join the Forward Ladies team and this is an opportunity that excites you - and you’re confident that you are the right person to drive our sales forward, we’d love to hear from you.
In your covering letter we’d like to hear why you think we should consider your application, what differentiates you as the best candidate and how your experience relates to this role.
Applications without relevant covering letters will not be considered.
We will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates and you should expect a response within a week of the closing date.
Please note: the successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 24 hours per week, including one full day from the office in Leeds, and must be available for the weekly Monday morning team meeting (via conference call) or in person.
Candidates should be within commutable distance from Leeds for interviews and face-to-face team meetings.