Here are a few tips from our weekly #winnerstalk on twitter (12noon Wednesday’s) @forwardladies, we thought we would share with you, some good advice.
What's your best cost effective tip for marketing your business? #SME
- Doing a great job - let your customers market your#biz by referring you to their contacts – 360 Accountants (@360accountants)
- #bizneed to identify the best #marketing strategies at each stage of the growth cycle http://bit.ly/1RwRa5c - Rachel Kelly (@Rachelkelly_PwC)
- Establishing yourself as an expert helps. See my book for 7 steps (http://ow.ly/s4wZ3008dku) - Griselda K Togobo (@GKTogobo)
- Every day before you get started with the day to day work, create before you consume e.g. a great social media post or blog - Victoria Branch (@vbranch)
- Networking informally with our target market has really paid off. The power of word of mouth! – Mini first Aid (@KateBallMFA)
We've launched our #PayItForward mentoring programme. How has your mentor helped you?
- Mentors are critical to personal and career growth – Cool (@CoolCreativeInc)
- My mentors have become sponsors. A sponsor not only advises you... they connect you to business opportunities – Cool (@CoolCreativeInc)
If you've networked, what bit of advice would you pass on to a novice?
- Be interested be interesting - Karen Paginton (@PagintonK)
- Always be#authentic ... Most people are smarter than we think #respect - Jacqui Miller MBE (@jmcmbe)
Ever been interviewed on TV/radio? What advice would you give to those who haven’t?
- On TV/radio, smile, take your time and prepare 3 key points. If recorded, ask to re-record if you stumble. – Helen Reynolds (@InkGardener)
What do you think is the biggest issue for women in the workplace?
- Getting quality training that empowers your team. We think this is a MUST-HAVE, not a would-be-nice – The Simplifiers (@TheSimplifiers)
What is the most important lesson you've learnt in your career to date?
- To help others play to their#strengths and to draw on my #strenghs for success – Mary Holmes (@MaryHolmes4)
- Such a good but tough Q! I think it's that: There is always another way, even if you can't see it right now. - Naomi Jane FRSA (@naomi_jane)
- How to be humble #gracious – Jenifer Arcuri (@Jennifer_Arcuri)